Fee: £400 plus travel expenses (the fee will be paid to you on self employed basis)
Expected commitment: maximum of 13.5 days, with hours and working days to be agreed with Media Education
This is a unique training and development opportunity to work with Media Education on an NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde-funded project.
We are searching for a BSL user to take on a role as a Community Advisor to support the production of a series of short videos that will highlight Deafness and Mental Health and reach the deaf community.
We are looking for someone who can bring their experience as a Deaf person to the role which will involve advising on the production of the videos including planning, script development, working with Deaf actors, filming and editing.
You will be working closely with Media Education filmmakers with the chance to gain skills in visual storytelling, interviewing, camera techniques and editing.
You will be required to travel to Glasgow and Edinburgh city centre to attend meetings and work with the filmmakers. Travel expenses out with the city where you live will be paid for in addition to the fee.
Who we are looking for:
● Someone who can support the filmmakers to understand issues faced by the Deaf community including communication issues to make sure the films are accessible and attuned to their audience
● Someone who is interested in socially focused filmmaking and community action
● Someone who has good connections within the Deaf community particularly with Deaf performers/actors
● Someone who is willing to learn and collaborate with others in a creative environment
Skills and Experience:
● Digital Literacy and understanding of the use of social media
● A good eye for a video story
● Strong Knowledge of BSL and Deaf Issues and an awareness of mental health
● Friendly, inclusive and understanding approach
If you are interested in this role, please send a short written statement (no more than 400 words) or a short video using BSL (no more than 5 minutes) explaining why you like to be part of the project and what you can contribute to: Paul.Hull@ggc.scot.nhs.uk
If you want to know more about the project, you can contact Paul Hull using the email address above. Video call available on request.
Deadline for Application is 29th January at 12pm.
Successful applicants will be invited for an interview on 1st February at Gartnavel Hospital at Great Western Road, Glasgow.
Please note – we are also looking for BSL users interested in mental health who would like to take part in a creative script development session with the Community Advisor and the filmmakers. Please contact Paul Hull if you would like to discuss this further.